With a lot of 2D ‘Metroidvanias’ kicking around, with a reason for that – they’re often enjoyable and the better entries in the genre can be top-notch experiences.
Another that’s heading to Switch in late 2022 is Afterimage, which is the work of developer Aurogon Shanghai.
Afterimage will support English, French, German, Spanish, Korean, Italian, Portuguese, Russian, Japanese, and Chinese (Traditional and Simplified) subtitle language options, as well as English, Japanese, and Chinese (Simplified) voice-overs.
Reveal the hidden secrets of a fantasy land in Afterimage! Explore the magnificent landscapes and ruins of an ancient metropolis, meeting mysterious colossal beings and adorable roaming spirits along the way. The thrilling adventure of this marvellous 2D hand-drawn world awaits you!
“The world of Engardin is full of magic and mystery,” said Michael Yang, Executive Producer, Aurogon Shanghai. “We are thrilled to reveal Afterimage today and look forward to sharing more about the game as we prepare to bring it to PC and consoles in late 2022!”
- Traditional 2D side-scrolling ARPG Metroidvania
- Intuitive controls
- A seamless semi-open world with over 15 different areas
- Over 10 character abilities
- Selections of unique weapon/magic build
- Over 150 varieties of enemy
- Over 40 epic original soundtracks created by AurogonSoundTeam
- Estimated 25-30 hours gameplay on the first run
Afterimage is coming to Nintendo Switch, PS4, PS5, Xbox One, Xbox Series X|S, and PC (Steam) in late 2022.
Let us know what you think of it in the comments.